Sunday, 16 February 2014

So constrasting - yet so unique








It all started like a dream to dream on
My racing pulse petrified with the steep climb
But still my perpetual nomadic journey continued
I clambered past the bushes awaiting the visual treat
Rising above the slowly expanding horizon unveiling the untraceable peaks
The first  glance of this austere land from the top got me mesmerized
As if nature carried me in its cradle to show me the world I always wanted to see
Foggy white patches of cloud sparkling, lit up by the sun
Like high tides, dashing against the rock enticing to plunge into its eternity
The beauty with which the hill folds away, covered with mist like a spray
Covered with lush green idli tops interspersed by serpentine roads
Resembling a well laid carpet whose intricacies had been well crafted
I could feel the colours of harmony perfectly blended with peace
Such was my tryst with nature at trekking trip of Munnar


In next few days there I was, at a place crowded, scared
But surely there is a heaven within this scar, bestowing life
So youthful, strong, jovial; as if I had slipped into the flower power age of hippies
It beauty and grandeur dragged me into its reality distortion aura
I found my feet dancing to its tune, passing the gates of unconcerned
At midnight  there I was, drawing a blank with empty glass on the sand
I stood there with cold tide running under my feet
Musing gaze at the place where sea met the moon lit land
And reflecting upon my appetite for adventure and love of ease


The roller coaster bus ride to adventure of water sports
The beautifully laid calm river to the noisy crashing waves
The tranquility of nature to lively partying youth
The morning fresh air to inhaling hookah dreams
The hill side fresh black tea to vodka on sea beach
The first ray of Munnar sun to its last dive in at Goa
I lived every bit of it………..


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful nature with your loved ones made it so beautiful :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete